April 23, 2020
Medical condition characterized by an excessive amount of body fat is called Obesity. More than ⅓ rd of people in the US are obese. The condition is linked to more than 60 chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, strokes, and cancer. The medical science of dealing with the diagnoses and treatment of obesity is called bariatrics. It provides the most effective, sustainable and healthy ways of losing weight.
What is Orbera Balloon?
Orbera balloon, also known as Gastric balloon, is a reversible and non-invasive solution for weight loss wherein a silicone balloon filled with saline solution is placed temporarily inside the stomach to reduce its overall volume. This greatly reduces the intake of food and its absorption.
Here are some pros and cons:
- Minimal complications compared to other invasive surgeries
- Temporary and reversible solution
- Non-invasive procedure
- Fast and affordable.
- Takes a little time for visible weight loss results.
- Disciplined diets and exercise required.
- Bowel obstruction can be experienced.
- Slight short term discomfort and nausea.
- Deflation of the Orbera balloon.
- Weight gain post removal of the Orbera gastric balloon.
- The candidate should be over 22 years of age.
- Should have a BMI of 30-40 kg/m2
- Should not have a history of bariatric surgery.
- Should not have a history of bowel or stomach problems.
- If the candidate has no prudence for diet and exercise.
- Ready to undergo Orbera balloon removal at six months.
- The candidate should be willing to make changes in their lifestyle.
Risks of Orbera Balloon
DFW Bariatrics and General Surgery gives you access to highly experienced ‘Orbera gastric balloon’ surgeons in Dallas and Ftw Texas. The procedure involves minimal risk, but there are risks nevertheless. These can vary from person to person. Some potential side effects could be:
- Bleeding during insertion or removal of the balloon.
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux.
- Leakage of the balloon.
- Gastric ulcers or perforations.
- Rupture of the balloon dye.
Obesity is a public health crisis in America causing 1 in 5 deaths. A lot of study and research goes into understanding it’s remedies and nuances. There are different types of Orbera balloons for different types of people. Get in touch with us to discuss your condition and get answers to all your questions about the Orbera balloon medical procedure. Call us today at 469-620-0222 or email us at [email protected].